- Off Ice & Yoga
Shop by Price
Off Ice & Yoga
Yoga is a path that leads us to harmonious living. It is now one of the world most practiced system of thought and exercise with an ever growing amount of followers. Although yoga practice intrinsically does not imply usage of any tools or equipment there are certain yoga accessories and props traditionally used by yoga practitioners. Among the most widely-used yoga accessories are yoga mats, towels, bolsters, blocks, blankets and straps.
Yoga mats are the most practical yoga accessories used to keep a yogi comfortable, protect him/her from slipping or bruising against a hard floor and stay dry and warm during the practice. There is an incredible selection of yoga mats on the market. Yoga mats vary according to their quality and features, from cheap disposable plastic yoga mats to the premium-class yoga mats made of non-slippery environment-friendly materials. There are many reputed yoga mat producers, including Manduka, Yoloha, Gaiam, Jade, Prana, YogaDesignLab with thousands of models to choose from. However, no matter the producer, when choosing a yoga mat it is important to make sure that it is:
- Non-slippery. Otherwise your legs and arms will slide while practicing asanas. The more intensive and dynamic your practice is the grippier must be your yoga mat.
- Does not stretch. Most yoga mats have a reinforced mesh structure. This makes them durable and expands their service life. Certain types of yoga mats are light and flexible and may be easily folded like a piece of fabric. Such yoga mats although compact are less resistant than their reinforced counterparts.
- Absorbs moisture. You don’t want your yoga mat to turn into an ice skating rink after one hour of an intense practice. Use yoga mats with soft loose surfaces to absorb the water faster.
- Has the right size. The recommendable length of a yoga mat should be your height + 5-10 cm. however if you practice intensively it is better to allow for extra 20 cm of length.
- Has the right thickness. The thinner the yoga mat, the easier it is to fold and carry, however thick mats provide for a better cushioning and warmth. 4-6 mm yoga mats will ensure your elbows and knees do not hurt and will fit into a standard yoga mat carrier.
- Does not attract too much attention. Yoga mats with a loud design or a toxic color are likely to catch the eye and distract you and those around you from the practice. A perfect yoga mat should represent the yoga philosophy which is harmony.
Once your mind is set for yoga and you have purchased your yoga mat it is time to see about yoga outfit. Yoga pants, leggings, shorts, tanks and bras will offer you comfort and freedom of motion on the yoga floor. Made of organic cotton or hi-tech stretchy materials yoga pants will allow you to express your strength, flexibility and balance through yoga asanas without limitation. Yoga pants come in various designs and may feature either relaxed or tight fit depending on your taste. Roomy yoga pants are a perfect choice for both intense yoga practice and relaxation. Such elements of yoga pants as drop crotch, fold-over waist and fitted ankle cuffs will help you to feel light and free. Tight-fitted pants, including leggings or capris are another great yoga pants option allowing for unhindered motions. Tight yoga pants are particularly great for inverse asanas and fast practice flow as they contour your body like a second skin. A great variety of colors, patterns and design elements will allow you to find the perfect yoga pants and feel confident throughout your practices.
Yoga takes us on a journey towards a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Yoga accessories come as assistance on that important journey. A beautiful, soft and grippy yoga mat or a pair of comfortable designer yoga pants will help you tune into an efficient practice and have a wonderful yoga experience.